Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Yarn Ball Winder

Yes, I got my yarn ball winder last week, but I didn't test it out until today. Here it is in all its wonderfulness.

My New Ball Winder

My New Yarn Ball Winder

The Full Set-Up

The Set-Up

Proof It Does the Job

Yarn Ball Winder Does the Job

The Old and the New

The Old and the New

Yarn Cakes

Hand- and Machine-Wound Yarn Balls (Cakes)

4 comments:

cmeknit said...

Beautiful! Don't you love a ball winder?! I seem to have all bevelled edged furnituure and have to set it up on a chair arm! I also use a "human swift"...very jealous of your pretty wood one;)

Lyz said...

Ahhhh... the wonders of ball winders and swifts. (although my swift is actually a skein winder that I can use for my wheel too lol)
even still, aren't they just the most wonderful things :)

Anonymous said...

I love my ball winder but I want a swift, too! So jealous!

Ginnie Hart said...

That's what we call the cat's meow, Karen. Thanks for alerting me to this post to find out what it looks like!