
I want to make it into a triangular shawl. Of course it will be a bit heavy for a shawl, but I think that is what I need. On the day I was doing my first sweater class at Shall We Knit I was quite cold. The lady beside me had (with Karen's permission) borrowed a shawl from the knitted pieces on display. So I went and did the same thing with a shawl made from thick mohair. It was nice and warm and not intrusive while I was working. So now I have a plan for my vintage mohair and my little scrap of modular knitting.
But back to deadlines: I had an extra Knit & Chat on Monday this week. A few of us who were available decided to revisit the original Starbucks. But I found that it was loud and actually gave me a headache (although my headache miraculously went away when they changed the music. Hmmm.)
So this is how far I am on the Julie Levy square. The pattern calls for a bobble inside the diamond on the outside cables, but I skipped that part. I don't mind knitting bobbles; I just like the look better without the bobble.

I didn't go to the Guild meeting last night. I decided against it because this is such a busy week. Normally I ride with Lyz and she didn't go, but I could have asked someone else or driven myself. I just made the decision not to go.
Instead, I took the opportunity to bond with The Boy and we watched NCIS and The Mentalist on TV. (These are acceptable substitutes for House now that it's on on Monday night instead of Tuesday.) Neither of us can quite put a finger on why we like The Mentalist, but it's something about the main character, I think; whereas with NCIS it's enjoyable because of the way the ensemble works together.
I've scheduled a post for Friday so there will not be quite such a gap in posts as there was previously. It's a book review, so it can just be slotted in anywhere. (You see what I do for my small but loyal band of readers?)
Heh.
2 comments:
I joined the guild last night! Anytime you need I ride I would love the company...also someone familiar with waterloo?! I can't spend the entire day knitting...so I went in time for the meeting.
Love the square so far;)
we small but loyal band thank you... and I love NCIS - love how they work, and Mark Harmon is not hard on the eyes...
Post a Comment