
In this swap the package must contain a pattern from your partner’s Ravelry queue (it can be free or paid for, but just make sure you print it out for them), enough yarn to complete the project, needles and or crochet hook to make the project, and one other goodie.
No, he is not the goodie... Isn't that a great pimp coat, though? What... You weren't looking at the coat? No, me neither.
Okay, here is my Q&A for this swap.
Are you a knitter or crocheter, or both? How long have you been at your craft?
I am a knitter who has been knitting just over two years now.
What skill level would you consider yourself to be at (beginning, intermediate, or advanced?)
I'm not a very adventurous knitter, so I am probably in the early stages of intermediate (past beginner, but far from advanced).
What are your favorite yarns to work with (fiber and brand)?
I love anything Noro, although I prefer the thicker yarns rather than sock weight. Regardless of brand, I love to work with a good merino/silk blend, something soft with a bit of shine to it.
What yarns do you not like to work with?
I don't like to work with alpaca, because then I cannot enjoy the finished product. Yarns with no give to them (linen, hemp, and the like) are also on my "no fun to work with" list.
If your pal wants to sub out the yarn called for in the pattern they have chosen from your queue, is that okay?
Yes, of course.
What are your favorite colors?
I like bright colours, in interesting combinations. Big favourites are purple and green, especially very dark purple and a yellow-green rather than a blue-green.
Any colors that you can’t stand?
Oddly enough, despite liking yellow-green, I do not like yellow. I am also not big on pastels or neutrals.
What type of needles (or hooks) do you like to work with?
Absolute favourite needles: Knit Picks Harmony wood circulars. Close second: Knit Picks Options nickel-plated (I have the interchangeable set). Others I have happily used: Addi Turbo and Hiya Hiya circular needles. I will also use good quality bamboo circulars sometimes, especially if I am working with a slippery yarn where a bit of grab is a good thing.
Do you like sweets?
Mmm, yes. Jelly Bellies are my favourite.
What are your favorite scents?
I love citrus scents like tangerine and grapefruit. Anything light and not too floral is probably fine.
Do you collect anything (non-fiber related?)
I have a little collection of pin-back buttons. I especially love fibre-related ones.
What is your living situation (kids, pets, etc?)
I live in the suburbs with my husband, a teenage son, and a cat named Cali who is a spoiled princess.
Do you have any allergies that your pal needs to know about?
I can't have caffeine, and alpaca makes me itch.
1 comment:
You are right ... I wasn't looking at the coat either when I saw this!
Post a Comment