I had temporarily abandoned my bridge panels in order to knit a summer scarf for myself. You see, a while ago I gave up on the idea of the Storm Cloud Shawlette. Neither the knitting nor the potential finished object was appealing in the end. That left me with some lovely beaded handspun to use for a summer scarf, which I knit in twisted drop stitch (which is very fast and easy knitting, adding about an inch with each knitted row).

So instead of this:

It became this:

And I wore it to Jessie's wedding reception. (I still hadn't cast off in time to wear it to the church. But that was because of the shoe emergency. Which is another story.)
Unfortunately, I can't wear it as long as I'd like, because the yarn is a blend of alpaca, mohair, and silk.
Alpaca gets me every time. It itches.
No comments:
Post a Comment