Thursday, May 27, 2010

New Knitting

I started a Lacy Baktus.

And I knitted it wrong, ripped it out and started again.

But now it's all good.


And yes, that is sock yarn on a US size 3 (3.25 mm) needle. I can hardly believe it myself.

But you should see it: Estelle Cadenza Hand Paints, 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Tussah Silk, soft and smooshy to the touch, bright and shiny to the eye.

So worth it!

(By the way, I changed the pattern a tiny bit. It said to cast on four stitches to start, but I wanted an actual point, so I cast on one stitch, increased every other row to four stitches, then started the pattern.)

1 comment:

Amy Darsie said...

I really like the blue yarn ... the shading in it is lovely!

All my knitting friends seem to be on a shawl kick. I feel like I missed the memo, but I don't really wear shawls. :-)