Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Take Cover

Well, I really don't have much to say. I haven't done a whole lot of knitting since I had the procedure. (Because they put the IV in the back of my right hand, it was swollen for two days. The swelling has gone down now, but the huge bruise on my knuckles looks like I punched somebody. Well, I may have felt like it a few times, but I didn't actually hit anyone.)

I was too tired to attend the knitting class early Saturday afternoon. I felt fine for the morning, but then by about 11:30 my energy started to wane and I was ready for a nap. It was not yet even 24 hours since I had been discharged from the hospital. I guess it was wishful thinking to imagine I could have sat through a knitting class. But I went to Shall We Knit anyway so I could talk to Kara in person and bow out gracefully, and I'm glad I did. (There was a Valentine's Day sale and I took advantage.)

Good Knitting

Last night I got some work done on the sweater though. I am almost finished the first ball of yarn, and I am getting ever-closer to dividing for the armholes. But I haven't really done anything on the square. It's so demoralizing to discover a small line of purls that are supposed to be knits. I just wonder about myself sometimes. I mean, if I was the type to drink and knit, I could see it. But I don't. So how do I manage to do such things?

Bad Knitting

I know everybody does stupid things when they knit. Everybody! I wish that would make me feel better. But sometimes I am just inconsolable, like Anne of Green Gables when she went off to college.

Anne of Green Gables

(I think that photo is from when she came back from college, but it was the closest I could find to what I was looking for. I got the image from sullivanmovies.com.)

1 comment:

Lyz said...

Don't get discouraged, you are doing great! You are not up to the frustration of the 'dumb knitting moments' yet.
Let me know if you need (and are up to) a knitting 911 at the library one evening this week?
Heal fast, we miss you.