Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Shibori

Did some drop spinning today at All Strung Out's Sunday Spin and Chat. Lyz took her wheel and we spent a couple of hours with Ashley's parents, who were both knitting while they were minding the store. (Hey, when a man wants mittens and no one will knit them for him, he has to take the needles into his own hands!)

Oh, remember these?



Well, it has been a while.

They are the three panels I was making for a big felted bag back last summer. They almost got sewn together to make some kind of huge scarf at the beginning of the winter, but luckily I kept putting them aside and doing other projects instead.

Now I have another idea. I am anxious to try some shibori felting on these panels. (What they will become after that, I don't know. I guess it depends on how the felting turns out.)

Here is the other major ingredient for the shibori I am going to do (along with some elastic bands -- you don't really need to see a picture of those, do you?).


I have really high hopes for the way this will turn out, but as with any experiment, there are no guarantees.

No comments: