I don't usually do memes on my knitting blog, but I found this one intriguing. Sandra from curlerchik knits has prepared an interview for me.
What's your favourite type of yarn to knit with?
I have different kinds of favourites:
- Noro Cash Iroha, because it has a nice "hand"
- Patons Classic Merino, because anything knit with it turns out well
- Noro Kureyon, because of the colourways
- Hayfield Ibiza, because of the look of the finished object
- Sean Sheep Armytage, just because.
Do you start with a pattern you want to make and match a yarn to it or a yarn and try to find a pattern for it?
I do both, although mostly I start with a pattern. However, for the Silk Garden Chunky I just got in a swap package, I ended up searching the projects listed on Ravelry for that yarn and coming up with a pattern for it: the Chickadee Cowl. The only thing is, it will be a while now before I knit this, because I have a cardigan and another afghan square to be working on. Also, when I get my long circulars (soon! they are coming in the mail) I want to start a moebius.
Where is your favourite place to knit, or do you have more than one?
My favourite place to knit is Starbucks. That's because I meet my friends at the Knit & Chat there. I also like knitting at the library with friends and at Guild meetings. I guess you could say my favourite knitting is social knitting.
Do you have a stash, and do you shop from it? (i.e. do you use the yarn you have or do you buy new for each project)?
I mostly knit from my ever-expanding stash; however, for the top-down cardigan I bought yarn specifically for the project. Also for the afghan, although I knit my first square with leftovers from stash. (The dye lots don't quite match when you look at them in artificial light; in natural light you can barely notice a difference.)
Your blog is called So You Think You Can Knit? So, do you think you can knit anything you put your mind to, or do some techniques and projects intimidate you?
These days, I'm not exactly sure what that question mark (?) at the end signifies. Some days it seems to imply a natural curiosity and wonder about this new skill I'm learning. Like, "Wow! I don't know if I can knit that, but let's give it a try..."
Other days I feel like the question is more sarcastic, along the lines of "So, did you really think you could knit? Wait until you try this..."
In the beginning I had the idea that I would progress steadily and naturally at my own pace, picking up new techniques one at a time. Then I kind of got pushed into the deep end, as it were, with the afghan square I just finished. Now I am starting a second square that is supposed to be easy. I thought I should be able to knit cables now, no problem. Um, no. I still need lots of help with that. The whole thing is quite intimidating. But here I am, doing it anyway.
***
For those of you who might want to be interviewed, here are the directions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions and I will need your e-mail.).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
2 comments:
Oooo... interview me! This looks like fun!
great answers! Gives a lot of insight...
Post a Comment