Monday, September 1, 2008

Voilà!

After a summer hiatus we finally got a few people together at the Knit & Chat on Friday morning. Patti was able to get off work, and Louise joined us for the first time. (Louise and her friend also meet on Wednesday mornings to do a sock knitalong. Louise very kindly said I was welcome to join them. I explained I wouldn't be knitting socks, though.)

Cushion Grips

Louise showed me a really cool thing. She noticed all the little plastic safety pins hanging off my Odessa Hat project, and showed me her stitch markers. What she does is, she buys a pack of pencil grips and then cuts them into rings, like this.

Any Guesses?

I don't think this would be safe with little ones around, but for those us who are past that stage, it's definitely an option. (Still not as pretty as the fancy stitch markers, though.)

So if you guessed that I am posting because the Odessa Hat is finished, you are right. Last night I got down to 66 stitches and decided to switch to the DPNs.

66 Stitches

I must say that using DPNs is not my favourite way to knit (which is probably one of the main reasons I am not a sock knitter), but I did what was necessary to finish the hat.

The Finished Hat

Et voilà!

No comments: