Friday, September 12, 2008

I'm in the Pink

So I just got back from the Friday morning Knit & Chat at Starbucks. I had to drag myself away at 1:00, which means I was there for around four hours. Well, I bought breakfast and lunch there, so I hope I paid the store back for the space I took up during that time.

Last Night's Cast-on Disaster

Frustration

Anyways...

I got a great start on my latest hat, a glamorous Odessa in fuchsia Cash Iroha with shiny glass mirror beads. (After last night's cast-on disaster, where the wool just broke after about 20 stitches or so.)

By the way, the other Odessa I am currently knitting reached the 66-stitch stage, which is where I switch to DPNs.

Warm and Woolly Odessa in Twilley's Freedom Spirit

DPNs on Second Odessa

That's why I couldn't resist pulling out the Cash Iroha I got at the yarn store last Friday and starting a new one. I guess I will end up keeping only one Odessa for myself, but by the time I am through knitting them, it might be tough to decide which one is for me and which ones go as gifts.

At Starbucks, I discovered that I had made a minor error in my first bead row on the new Odessa, and when I described it to the others Lynn just took it from me, said, "That's an easy fix," and proceeded with deft fingers to undo two stitches, change the position of the bead, and in less than a minute make a change that I would have thought couldn't be done. Man, I love the Knit & Chat. (And if Lynn is reading this, all I can say is, "Thank You!")

Odessa in Cash Iroha

New Odessa in Cash Iroha

I am not sure why my knitting friends would suggest that I try the Mystery Shawl KAL (being done through the Guild, not Ravelry) with them. Especially since they have seen the results of me trying to knit the Stolen Moments wrap. I will be fending them off to the best of my ability -- for their own sakes.

Seriously, nobody wants me trying to knit a shawl with them.

No comments: