Hopelessly Huge Flower Washcloth

I have seen where someone made theirs a four-petal flower, but that is not so aesthetically pleasing. But five of my knit petals fill a 24" circular needle, and it's supposed to be made on a 16" one. In fact it turns out that my flower is 12 inches across when it's supposed to be about 10 inches.
Two Extra Inches

So I'm not sure where I am with that project right now. At first I thought I might not finish it, but now I am thinking I will. I'm just not sure if it's giftable in these gargantuan proportions. I'll have to see how it turns out.
And speaking of gargantuan proportions, the two-needle mitten homework is sort of weird, too. Apparently I am supposed to knit 22 rows of ribbing for the cuff. That will turn out to be somewhere between 3.5 and 4 inches long. My wrist-to-elbow measurement is only 7.5 inches! Are these mitten cuffs supposed to go halfway up my arm?*
Ribbing for Mitten Cuff

So I am not feeling too successful with the actual knitting I am doing these days. Although my husband's Noro hat is moving right along. (Well, what I really mean is I knit one inch on it today at the Knit & Chat. But hey, that's progress.)
Noro Hat for Hubby

Winding yarn with the nostepinne is going well. I love the way the yarn comes so easily out of the centre hole. And the ball retains its shape, becoming a squishier version of itself. And sometimes winding yarn is even more like therapy than knitting. (It can get tedious after a while, which knitting never seems to for me -- maybe because I can just switch between projects if I start to get bored.)
So I got the list of materials for the second class I will be doing, which is a Fair Isle Toque: "50gm of Kureyon (or a multi coloured worsted) and 100gm of Cascade 220 (or any solid worsted) as well as 4.5 DPNs and 4.5 and 3.75 16" circular needles." Well, luckily my stash has two choices in the Kureyon and three interesting colours of Patons Classic. I believe I have made my choice now. It's so great that I can knit this from stash, but I will still have to shop for needles for this one.
'Pink Petal' Patons Classic and Noro Kureyon #184

'Too Teal' Patons Classic and Noro Kureyon #184

But the actual winner for this project is...
'Bottle Green' Patons Classic and Noro Kureyon #170

Still humming and hawing over whether I will join the mystery shawl knitalong with the Guild. I think a shawl made from the Kauni yarn I just bought at the Knitters Fair could possibly be a very beautiful thing.
Um, or not. Knowing me.
I just talked to Lyz and she is actually spinning the yarn she needs (not enough existing in her stash, and she doesn't want to have to buy anything special for it).
So I could still change my mind and go ahead with that.
* I just checked and we have been given the "Women's Medium" pattern size
No comments:
Post a Comment