Monday, September 22, 2008

Swap Stuff

I got my first swap package!

Falling for Ewe Yarn Swap Goodies

You know what is so cool? These are yarns I have never even heard of (well, except the Brown Sheep Naturespun in the yarn pack, I've heard of it, but never seen it for sale anywhere).

The super-colourful stuff (which I love, love, love) is from 100purewool.com. It looks like the colourway is called Blauer Reiter, but there is so much to choose from on this web site that I could be wrong about that. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention, she wound one of the skeins for me on a ballwinder. I always thought I was an "intact skein" sort of person, but now I realize how much easier it is to have a ready-made ball to work from.

Anyway, there is a cute sheep-shaped soap (that's my new tongue-twister, ha!) and some teas, some candies, and a "Swatch Me" button. And I can't forget the pattern for the Booga Bag, with custom instructions for modifications my swap pal recommends.

On another note, my first mitten is ready for seaming. I haven't done it yet. I'm thinking I will probably iron it flat first, so the seams don't roll inwards quite as much as you see in the photo.

No comments: