Friday, June 12, 2009

It's Not Quite the Same

Well, the astute Knit & Chatters I spent time with this morning will have noticed that I was back on my walker again. Apparently, doctors trump physiotherapists. It's not a strength thing, it's a balance thing. I need to be using the walker until the bone has grown around my new hip joint and all is securely in place. A fall right now (from being off balance, say from walking with a cane) would undo all the good work that's been done.

So...

I am limited in the amount of time I can stay at the Knit & Chat by the capacity of my bladder. (TMI? Skip this paragraph.) As you can imagine, walking at a snail's pace across a crowded Starbucks with my walker, then trying to use the general facilities, was not something I wanted to have to do. The potential for accidents (of all kinds) is just too high.

I guess you could say I went to the Knit & Chat for a good time, not a long time.

On Again, Off Again Sock

Today I knit on my on-again-off-again sock. Again. I frogged half what I had already knit (it wasn't much) and basically reknit it during the hour or so I spent at the Knit & Chat.

Oh, and many thanks to "Sally" for giving up her chair for me. One day, maybe in the far off future, I won't have to think twice about chairs.

But the day I don't have to think about washroom facilities anymore, that will be a very happy day for me.

4 comments:

Lyz said...

Oh cripes lady give it tijme! It's only been a couple weeks since surgery! And you are doing great!! I know it's frustrating but baby steps will get you there too. Big Huggs to you.

Anonymous said...

But if you want to push your way through a large crowd, just turn up the walker lion tamer style and fend them off! :-)

farkas said...

I agree with Liz, you are doing great! And, if you want/need help, um, with bathroom privileges, I bet that there are more than a few in the group who would be willing to help if you needed it...just sayin'...

Philosophical Karen said...

Farkas, I can see it now: as I make my way to the toilet, one of my knitterly friends walks slowly ahead of me, calling, "Make way for the gimp! Gimp coming through! Make way for the gimp!"

(Kidding. It's a funny image though.)