Monday, June 1, 2009

Bluggy Drogging

Hey it's June and I'm having Jelly Bellies for breakfast. For breakfast in bed. In my own bed.

So I'm sure you're all dying to read my first druggy blog post after the surgery, but here's the problem with pain meds. Well, there are lots of problems with pain meds, but the problem with blogging is that you need some sustained concentration.

Same with knitting. (Nothing being done on that front, I'm afraid. I'm eating a lot of Jelly Bellies, though. It's the only thing I seem to have a good appetite for.)

Same with conversation, sometimes.

What were we talking about?

Jelly Bellies?

Mmmmm. I love Jelly Bellies.

They're really good. For breakfast even. Breakfast in bed. When you are bedfast. But not bedfast in bread, because that would be too...

Lewis Carroll? Alice in Wonderland? The caterpillar?

Someday I will fly away on my own two feet.

(Wait! That's not right.)

Someday, I will emerge from my surgically-inflicted cocoon and find that I have two strong legs capable of walking great distances.

With me attached, even.

Then I could go on some grand quest.

A long and arduous quest, through fields of gigantic mushrooms with druggy, hookah-addicted caterpillars, in search of the elusive...

BUTTERED POPCORN Jelly Belly.

(Or toasted marshmallow. No. Let's not go there. It's just too much for my poor brain trying to decide between the two.)

Always go with your gut.

Take the first choice.

It is the ONE.

And I am done.

4 comments:

L said...

BELCOME WACK!!

Lyz said...

Knittting is better on drugs. (mistakes don't matter then LOL)
Glad to hear you are doing great. (yes I understood every word of your post)
by the way, I vote for the marshmallows. Comfort food all the way (chocolate is very much over-rated)
HUGGS to ya

Anonymous said...

Aw .. you're all drugged up! Very sweet. LOL

I haven't tried knitting while on pain killers ...

*hugs* Take care!

BTW - my favorite Jelly Bellies are watermelon and bubble gum.

Sandra said...

some advice - unless you're into free form knitting, stay away from the lace! Lace + meds = bad.
Hope you're up and around and dancing the samba soon...