I had an interesting day today.
I've sort of been left to my own devices as my husband is now working from home instead of being on vacation. That means instead of having all sorts of time and attention free to devote to me and only me, he mostly spends his time on the telephone.
Not that there's anything wrong with that. I mean, work is what brings in the money, so no complaints there.
No, the complaint is that I am stuck at home, not being able to drive at all or walk very far.
So I am very thankful that Lise from the Starbucks Knit & Chat made good on her offer to help out if I ever needed anything. I was hoping that "needing to get out of the house" counts, so I asked if she wanted to go out to lunch, and she invited me along to go and see Heather, our mutual knitting friend.
We had lunch with Heather. Pitas. You know what's great about pitas? As well as the meat, they are full of fresh veggies as toppings. It's like a salad in a sandwich.
I miss salad.
My husband cooks, but he's best at barbecue or reheating frozen processed meals. So lately I've had to beg him to bring home salad from the grocery store. It always goes too fast, even though I'm the only one eating it. Which is funny, because when I do the shopping and the cooking, I always bring home way too many fresh veggies and they end up going bad before I use them.
But anyway. Like I was saying, I am so grateful to Lise. Especially when I feel like I ended up costing her way more than this outing should have.
See, I have this weird sense of direction. (My point is relevant, I promise -- we are taking a detour, but I should get back on track in short order.) So when she asked if I needed to pick up anything on the way home, and I said yes I needed a Father's Day card, we decided to stop at Shopper's Drug Mart. Well, I was giving the directions, so instead of recommending the shorter way that people with a normal sense of direction would naturally go, I -- like a rat in a maze -- had to follow the way that is most familiar to me. So, not only did we go a way that added some distance to our journey, but it also took us down the road with the SPEED TRAP.
Now, it's a very deceptive road, because it's wide like a main road, and it has industrial land on one side, but it's considered residential so it has a restricted speed limit. Which Lise was not familiar with, so she was driving too fast and got caught in the speed trap.
I FEEL SO BAD.
But Lise is really amazingly laid back and she just took it all in stride. Me? I'd be all flustered and panicky and freaking out.
I want to be Lise when I grow up.
No comments:
Post a Comment