Saturday, June 13, 2009

Dreaming is Free

Okay, just rambling here.

Lyz is making a top out of Zara yarn and I got to squoosh the yarn and it's lovely. It takes me back to October, when I was just starting to get ambitious about knitting. So I went searching again, and...

I found this. It's a kit to make a tunic top out of Zara Chine, and it's on sale.

I had that top in my queue for so long. I was even determined to make it out of a really cheap substitute that would have given me gauge. (Unfortunately, due to the stiffness of the yarn, had I actually knit it the tunic would have hung on me like a sandwich board.)

Swatch

Sigh. A girl can dream.

It's World Wide Knit in Public Day today (also known as WWKIP).

I have plans to head to Shall We Knit, for festivities and -- importantly -- a sale on pink yarn. Any other colour might not attract my attention as much. But ever since I bought this yarn I've wanted more:

Colour

I think it counts as pink, don't you?

(Plus, if I get one more skein, I can make a clapotis out of it.)

Late Afternoon Edit:

My colourway was sold out. I couldn't get any more. So I bought a solid pink with the thought of perhaps making a striped clapotis. (But the more I think about it, the more I think that's probably not going to happen.) Anyway, if anyone out there has a skein of Misti Alpaca Pima Silk Hand Paint in colourway CSP05, lot number 6510, I'll gladly take it off your hands for a reasonable rate of exchange.

On a more positive note, I had fun sitting on the sidewalk outside Shall We Knit, chatting (if not knitting) with everyone who had spent the morning dyeing sock blanks. I even won a door prize, though that was when I had taken off to MeMe's with my husband for lunch.

1 comment:

miukat said...

Pretty alpaca! I love the bright colors. I have some of the lace weight handpaint and can't wait to get it on the needles. Sorry it isn't in your colorway :( Hope you had a nice WWKIP day!