Thursday, January 10, 2008

Antsy

On the weekend I went to our local yarn factory outlet and bought myself some circular needles. (I suck at knitting with circular needles. I now want to get myself a few sets of DPNs.)

Well, one part of the complex is a yarn factory outlet, and another part is a standard dry goods store with a huge selection of knitting yarn in retail packages, and with retail prices. However, the price and selection is much better than at Michaels, so I got my third ball of Patons Classic Wool at $1 cheaper than I paid for the first two at Michaels.

This time I picked up a plain green to knit the handles in a contrasting colour. I am toying with the idea of changing from a bucket bag (with right sides together, sew a seam and then turn the bag inside out) to another type of bag sewn together with contrasting blanket stitching on the outside. I am also wondering if I should plan on lining the bag with fabric.

***

Even though I (thought I) picked up a pair of size 7 (4.5 mm) needles when I went shopping at Michaels late last week, when I look at the top of them -- what I actually have are size 8 needles (5 mm). Not a huge difference, but it bugs me. Maybe somebody returned the needles to the wrong rack, I don't know.

I can confirm that the variegation pattern of my wool looks much better knitted on size 7 (er...size 8) needles than on the larger size bamboo needles that I started with.

***

On January 8 I had 3897 people ahead of me on Ravelry waiting for an invitation, and 1881 behind me. It's now January 10 (two full days later) and I now have only 3882 people ahead of me (a difference of oh... 15 people) but now I have 3002 people behind me. I gather from this that Ravelry is quite popular. However, the web site has a vague promise of sending out between 500-800 invitations a day. From the looks of things, that's not happening. And yes, I am antsy about it.

No comments: