Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Felted Bag Finale

Well, that was a very enjoyable project. The results are really not too bad (I think), considering it was my first try at felting, and I barely even know how to knit.

99 Percent Finished

I had some alphabet beads that came in a big bag of assorted beads I bought once in a fit of crazed optimism, so I created a little purse charm that says "Made by Karen". I know purse charms are passé (so 2005 darling!) but I think it's cute.

Here's how the bag looks when it's hanging on a chair.

Felted Bag As Good As Done

(What, you didn't think I'd model it, did you?)

4 comments:

Alison said...

I think it looks super fun!!!! I take it that you didn't make an I cord for the straps.... it would have made more of a tube. You need double pointed needles though, and you just keep sliding it to the end again and pulling your yarn across the back thereby making the "tube". It's really neat!

I say well done and can't wait to see your next creation!

Philosophical Karen said...

This pattern didn't call for I-cord for the handles. I just knit them as flat straps, and then they curl with the felting. I'm looking at a pattern now that I want to do next that threads I-cord through loops around the top making drawstring handles. I just don't have the right needles at the moment. I will have to go out and get some size 13 circular needles...

Diana LaMarre said...

Karen,
that looks wonderful! I've never heard of purse charms,but what a neat idea it is (or was.....I'm always a decade late on the fads).

Ewa said...

This bag looks really beautiful. You are very talented.
Long time ago I was also knitting, then I had no time for that...