Thursday, January 17, 2008

Dilemma

I have finished one panel of the "bag" using size 8 needles. I really like how it has knit up, much better than what came out of the size 11 needles.

New Bag Panel, Plus One Green Handle

In fact, I like it so much that now I want to turn it into a cushion instead and buy more of the green yarn and make a bag out of just green yarn.

Meanwhile, I'm in the middle of knitting the second handle, and I haven't picked up my needles in a while. Blame it on the writers. With them off the job, there's nothing good on TV -- so I can't sit and watch and knit as I used to do.

Patons Classic Wool Merino in "Leaf Green" Colourway

I should have a look through our DVD library and see if there's anything worth re-watching. Hmm, maybe Moulin Rouge?

2 comments:

Alison said...

Oh Karen I do like that better as well. If it is any consolation, the sweater I felted to turn into my brother's christmas sock was knit on small needles and it felted just fine. I'm not sure why they say to use larger needles, but my bag pattern had me using a 10.5 circular....that's where I am running into trouble. Trying to pick up stitches on the round.

Philosophical Karen said...

I've now finished the second handle and I am starting the second panel. Still no idea whether they will all end up together as a bag or not, though.