Sunday, January 18, 2009

Oh Yeah, The Cabled Button Hat!

So, I realized I had not yet shown a photo of the cabled hat knit with my handspun, because I got all sidetracked with sweaters and reknitting other lost hats and stuff. Here is a photo of the Cabled Button Hat.

Cabled Button Hat

I spent a long time going through my button collection, and thought I might use this authentic 1970's smiley face button that came from when my mom used to make clothes for us when I was a kid.

Vintage Smiley Face Button

But then I remembered. I have a lovely genuine pewter sheep button that I got in a swap. So it will be one of those two buttons, most likely. Unless I find something even better before I finish the hat.

2 comments:

Lyz said...

The handspun looks great and goes well with the blue you picked.

I like the Smiley Dude button.
What else can I say

cmeknit said...

Fabulous handspun! I love it and of course am extremely jealous;)