Tuesday, January 13, 2009

But I've Never Even Been to Odessa

Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved.
~ Iris Murdoch


Please send your knitterly condolences my way. I lost my favourite hat at the Knitting Guild meeting tonight.

Odessa... I hope whoever finds you loves you as much as I did.

The Finished Hat

Somehow, finally winning a prize in the raffle doesn't make up for losing my hat.

The prize was a Rowan book from 1995, the year my son was born. Every model in the book is six feet tall and 100 pounds. And I take offence at the Kaffe Fasset sweater called "Dark Daisy". Can't he tell the difference between a daisy and a poppy?

Oh, and yes I realize the link is to someone who has knit the pattern up as a seat cushion. Appropriate, somehow, knitting it up as something to stick your bum on.

I'm sorry. When I'm sad I usually get very, very bitter.

(And then I usually write a blog post about it.)

2 comments:

skein genius said...

I'm so sorry about your hat! It was quite possibly one of the lovliest I've seen. Maybe a random good samaritan will turn it in or something. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya :)

Diana LaMarre said...

Oh, Karen, how sad about your hat.

I don't knit but I know a beautiful hat when I see one. I hope someone returns it to you.