Thursday, April 2, 2009

Somewhere Here Is an Analogy to the Current Economic Situation

So, there's a problem with my coin bank. Why I didn't anticipate this, I'll never know.

I was overjoyed when I discovered that the coin slot was large enough to fit both loonies and toonies. I thought that was wonderful, considering that the U.S. still pretty much stops at quarters.

Why, oh why, didn't I check the size of the plug at the bottom?

Loonie

5 comments:

Lyz said...

It's a savings bank isn't it? Can't save it if you spend it! Can't spend it if you can't get it out of the bank! Just consider it as long term savings....
(The bank is still really cool)

Philosophical Karen said...

Eventually the money will have to come out. I really don't want to destroy the bank, though. :(

My husband says we can make some adjustments to the plughole [what a great word!] without destroying the bank. I'll take his word for it.

cmeknit said...

Let it out!! Go back out the slot. what are you doing with loonie and twoonies in there...you need bills sister!

Sandra said...

ooo, that bites! I have a bank similar - it's antique depression glass, but no plug hole, and it's tuffed full of pennies, there to stay until the glass breaks...

skein genius said...

I'm seriously in love with that bank!Its got to be riggable to get those coins out, even if you just have to push them out the hole in the top from the bottom with your finger. If I remeber correctly fromseeing these in person they are short enough that it might work.