Ravelry went down for like, two minutes, and I panicked. When I am on Ravelry, I am often in deep, and when it chokes, I do too.
***
Maybe it was something to do with my computer in general. Or maybe it was just me. Anyway, this post wasn't supposed to be posted. It was a surprise to me on Saturday morning to see it there.
I'm not a big fan of Saturday morning surprises.
Stay tuned for more edits. In the meantime, here is a cute photo of some vintage yarn.

Well, "cute" might be pushing it, but hey. This stuff was made in France. It's similar to Hayfield Ibiza, but not quite as soft. It came from a thrift store near Shall We Knit. I've got six skeins, but no idea what it's destined to become.
***
Today, Saturday, was a day for shopping for glasses. Both my husband and I need them. I was all, "No way, we are not going to Hakim Optical. They put H's on their glasses." [I notice there is a Hakim Optical shown in this photo from Daily Dose of Imagery.] But we went there anyway and they actually had the best styles. Even though a lot of them do have H's on them. One pair I tried on even had "Mrs. H" printed on the side of the arm. My husband, Mr. H, wanted me to get those. Um, no.
I guess what bugs me most about this whole glasses thing is the reason I'm getting new glasses.
You see, my eyes are aging faster than the rest of me. When I'm knitting, my eyes don't let me switch quickly from close up to distance anymore. So for my glasses I am getting some really funky progressive lenses with three different focusing areas: distance, computer, and reading. Yikes! But the nice man in the glasses store said that if I do this early, it's easier to make the transition than trying to do it later when the problem gets even worse.
***
So, I was going to get a photo of my shawl today when I got home from shopping for glasses, but I was so exhausted I just went to bed and slept for a couple of hours. Then the good light was gone and it was no use taking photos anymore.
I was so wiped out because I did a lot of walking around the mall with my cane, which is much more tiring (but way less painful) than walking around the mall with a limp.
Only a month and half left to wait for my hip replacement. But now my husband has struck fear into me. He said, "This guy is good, right? He'll make sure your legs are both the same length when it's done, won't he?" Just what I need to hear.
No comments:
Post a Comment