Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dilemma

I don't really have a travelling project right now. Travelling in the sense of something I can pick up and take with me to a dentist appointment and work on unobtrusively.

The shawl is getting big now. Too big for a travelling project, anyway.

How big should I make it? That's the question that's bugging me right now. I've currently got a 4x4 pattern.

Four by Four Square Shawl Progress

I'm starting to doubt my colour choices, too. Even though it's fine. More than fine, it's wonderful! I still keep second-guessing myself on the overall colour scheme. (Must. Not. Lose. Confidence.)

I don't want to start another project.

If I do, I won't finish this one.

Or the cardigan.

Must. Not. Start. New. Project. (Yeah, like that's going to work.)

***

Okay, so in spite of the goading that it might be time to grow up and knit some socks already, I am not quite there yet. I've decided to finally make myself the Odessa hat that will replace the one I lost.

This is going to be my new travelling project, and the finished hat will be mine, all mine. It will not be going anywhere but on my head. Even if I finish it in July. (Which is likely.)

But before I can knit a new Odessa, the bead stash needs to be replenished.

Beads For Hats

(So I went ahead and did that.)

2 comments:

cmeknit said...

Socks? Do I hear socks calling your name?! I have some books...if you get the yarn!

farkas said...

And if Carolyn doesn't have the right sock book, I do. I have so many sock books, it's silly.