Friday, November 21, 2008

Swap Stuff III

My swap buddy Mel sent me an awesome final package which arrived a couple of days ago. She's been very patient with me not blogging it yet, but I think it's time.

Final Swap Swag for Autumn

There is 1500 yards of laceweight chenille in a rich warm eggplant colour, some hand-dyed sock yarn, a market bag, earrings with a knitting theme, chocolates, a pewter sheep button, and a Ravelry button.

I love the colour of the chenille and the hand-dyed yarn is a beautiful colourway called "Petrol". My swap partner bought some for herself in the same colourway but a different weight.

The shopping bag is just like one I have currently all rolled up in my purse. In fact, I just used it on the weekend at the farmer’s market. I actually needed two of them, but only had the one. Not any more.

The knitting earrings are something I will definitely wear to my Knit & Chats and Knitting Guild meetings. I also love the little pewter sheep sew-on button – and the Rav button!!!! Of all the wonderful contents of the box, would you believe the Rav button made me the MOST excited???? I am so lame. (Uh, literally… but I digress.)

And of course the yummy chocolates are all gone now. Thanks so much for all your thoughtful gifts, Mel. It was a pleasure being at the receiving end of your swap goodness.

No comments: