Speaking of which, here is my latest hat. This one is for my father, and it currently uses Noro in the green/grey/rust colourway I used for my husband's beehive hat, and the winter white I used as the contrast colour for the pirate hat.

Unfortunately I am not liking that winter white, and I think I will switch to a grey. I am not sure what to do, though, because I do have a grey in my stash. It is a wool-like acrylic that I picked up at Len's Mill because I thought it would make a good Slytherin colour (the latest pattern book I had at the time was Charmed Knits, full of Harry Potter-inspired knits).
Then again, I will have to block the hat because it is fair isle, so I just answered my question. I need wool. Off to Len's Mill tomorrow then.
Today my Knit It Forward swap package arrived in the mail from Beth in Illinois.

It contains two bars of Pure & Natural soap, some Sally Hansen foot bath, a handknit washcloth and back scrubber (?) set, and two balls of Reynolds Lopi to play with. Thank you, Beth!
I love that pink colour, and I've already had that green in my stash. It's so cool to have Reynolds Lopi. The Lopi we get in Canada is the exact same stuff, only it's called Alafoss Lopi, which is the Icelandic company that produces it.
No comments:
Post a Comment