I just thought I'd show "Before and After" pics so it's easier to compare the difference. I rotated and cropped the original photo I had in order to make the two photos as similar as possible for comparison.
Before (Jogged Stripes)

After ("Jogless" Stripes)

The method used here is Meg's Jogless Jog. Although it looks better than it did, neither Lynn nor I are convinced that this method achieves what we'd hoped for. (Perhaps it will look better after blocking. But we all know what happens to knitters who try to console themselves with that false hope, and besides, this yarn is half acrylic, so where does that leave me?)
There is still the new "travelling jogless stripes" method, as explained on the TECHknitting web site.
2 comments:
Actually, the method explained at the link you provide (Jogless stripes, a new way, on TECHknitting blog) is not the spiral method--it is actually a new way to do non-continuous jogless stripes.
The spiral method is different, and involves knitting a barber-pole sort of garment, with continuous stripes which come out at a sort of angle on top.
I believe Gumperina did a post on the spiral stripe method. (I think it is also in Montse Stanley's famous "Knitter's handbook.")
Good luck on the hat--the colors look great.
I'm sorry I used the wrong words. I meant "travelling jogless stripes" of course.
Post a Comment