But in the midst of it all, I received the final swap package in the Recession Special swap. This was an angel package, since my original spoiler ran into some upsetting and unforeseeable circumstances that meant she couldn't complete the swap.
By an interesting coincidence, my swap angel ended up being the same person I was sending my packages to. Here is what she sent me:

Four balls of Ella Rae Jaspé Wool, a bag of Jelly Bellies, a bar of handmade goat's milk soap, and a box of Twinings Decaffeinated Chai tea. Everything I put on my list, she made a point of getting. What a wonderful surprise this was to come home to after Friday night Knit & Chat at Shall We Knit.
Then last night we saw the live performance of So You Think You Can Dance Canada, with the top ten dancers from season two. While it wasn't quite the same experience as seeing the American tour from season four (a difference in budgets meant that the Canadian show was a bit less flashy), it was nonetheless exciting to see the dances in person.
My favourite was Amy and Vincent doing the jive. This is a clip from the TV show, but you need to stop it at 2:05 or else you have to listen to all the smarmy judges' comments. (Although, I must say, I agree with Mia Michaels that I just want to bite Vincent.) I told my husband I want Vincent for Christmas. He was pretty good about it. He says every male ballroom dancer on any SYTYCD show anywhere should be required to study Vincent's solos, just to see how it should be done.
I agree.
No comments:
Post a Comment