So, I confess, I didn't go to the big sale at Shall We Knit.
And I haven't been going to the Friday Night Knit & Chats, either. But not because I want to stay away -- just because I haven't been feeling physically up to it. (I am planning to start going again in September, though, since I am starting to feel like my old self again. And by "old self" I don't mean a couple of months ago -- I mean a couple of years ago, before my hip started going wonky.)
Truth to tell, there really isn't anything I needed to buy at Shall We Knit.
Not that that has stopped me from enhancing the stash before. But this time we are approaching two big events that I need to plan for: the Knitter's Fair in September, and Rhinebeck in October.
I had actually considered skipping the Knitter's Fair and saving myself for Rhinebeck, but then I realized that Rhinebeck is far away, and very much an unknown, whereas the Knitter's Fair is local, and something I am familiar with. So somehow I can't NOT go, when it's right there.
So...Rhinebeck. I've been lurking in the Rhinebeck group on Ravelry, trying to pick up tips for first-timers.
Oh, funny story. My friend who is not a knitter...well actually, she is my old pen-pal from when we were teenagers (hi Cyndi!)...when I told her I was going to Rhinebeck she decided to look up the web site and then she asked me which workshops I was planning to go to.
There are workshops at Rhinebeck? I thought it was all about buying yarn! (And fibre for the spinners.) Oh, and stepping in sheep muck and eating artichokes and chicken pot pies and taking photos of sheep and alpacas. But workshops? Really? Not this year, anyway. (Look how I'm already assuming there's going to be another trip for me sometime in the future.)
By the way, even though I didn't go to the Shall We Knit store, I did pop by the booth at St. Jacob's Market yesterday and have a nice chat with Cari (hi Cari!) until some real customers came along, whereupon I dutifully left Cari to her work.
Every time I go to the Shall We Knit booth at St. Jacob's market I consider picking up some Mission Falls 1824 Cotton. One day I will. (Quick, somebody get pregnant so I can knit another Baby Yoda!)
I promise not to buy Mission Falls 1824 Cotton at either the Knitter's Fair or Rhinebeck.
5 comments:
Rhinebeck huh.... (sigh) have fun and yes i am jealous. Bring us back a sheep and we can share it!
oh btw, don't count on my getting preggers. No way.. not happening! lol sorry..............
Haha, that's why it's funny. Most of the people who read this are not going to get pregnant.
(Oh, and if anyone reading this is currently trying, ironically this post is NOT about you.)
I have always loved that yoda sweater, but I'm not in the running to get pregnant either.
Does that pattern come in adult sizes? I'd totally wear something like that!
I went looking, but no, most "kimono" patterns like that are for babies. Someone who is good at math could probably create a schematic and do the calculations required to make it in an adult size.
Post a Comment