Monday, August 24, 2009

I Keep Knitting and I Don't Know Why

Well, it's not that I don't know why I knit. I knit for the pleasure of it. I just do. No, it's this project I'm talking about. I don't know why I keep on knitting this Stegosaurus Noro Cowl, when I also keep on wanting to rip it back.

Look at it.

Don't Like the Yellow Section

Every time I decide that I absolutely HATE the yellow section and it must go so I can manipulate the colours better and reknit the piece...every time that happens, I somehow manage to squint funny, or hold the thing at a distance, or something...and then I change my mind and say, "Yeah, that's not so bad. I think I'll just keep knitting."

The problem is, it actually looks fine from a distance (simulated here by posting a thumbnail of the photo).

Don't Like the Yellow Section

It actually looks more like a fair isle pattern when you squint at it. I adore the colourwork in the first third of the project. But that big splash of yellow does nothing for me. Except look like fair isle.

What it does not look like is the chevron pattern it's supposed to be.

I wish I could just make up my mind to either love it or hate it. Leave it or rip it.

And be HAPPY about it.

I guess that's a lot to ask of someone who is as picky, and as lazy about knitting, as I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lose the yellow.

you'll just hate yourself if you don't....


michelle

Lyz said...

It seems to keep coming back to you then you aren't satisfied with it. Go ahead and fix it the way you want it. That's what it's all about, personalizing it and changing it to be your own knit item.
My suggestion for the unwanted yellow section of yarn, felt it into a poofy kitty cat ball so your kitty can have a new toy to play with ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of yellow at all.

That said, I think that cowl is fantastic!