The Silk Garden Chunky I had in my stash was two balls that I got in a swap. I had meant to do a Chickadee Cowl with it [found here on Ravelry], but that pattern was no fun to knit and the linen stitch did absolutely nothing to showcase the yarn.
So I turned once again to my latest love, the easily memorized feather-and-fan goodness of the Warrick Scarf [found here on Ravelry].

The only problem is, a scarf like that eats up the yarn and takes more than two balls, especially if it's chunky weight.
Luckily I had scoped out SWK a while ago and knew that Karen had got some in. So with a little help from my friends I got some put aside for me. That necessitated a happy trip out to the yarn store on Saturday for a bit of stash expansion.
Not that my stash needs it...but, you know...

Anyway, in addition to two more balls of the Silk Garden Chunky, I picked up the last skein of solid pink Misti Alpaca Pima Silk, so I can make myself a Clapotis with it (along with the other skein I bought on June 13, WWKIP day, when the handpaint I originally wanted was sold out).
Oh, and what with using up three whole skeins of Kureyon from stash on my last scarf, I felt I needed to add something back to make up for it. So I bought a skein of Kureyon, in the lovely shades of purple (and green) seen in the photo above.
Oh, and by way of an aside -- remember I said I loved my gift blanket? Well, I'm not the only one.
I had folded it up really small and placed it on our queen-sized bed. The cat had a choice of the whole bed to sleep on, but she decided to curl up on the tiny folded blanket. She has a thing for handknits, I think.

I really don't think she appreciated it when I opened the blinds to get more light to take the photo with.
1 comment:
Oh my you are such a Noro Addict! Isn't it wonderful yarn? Your scarves are beautiful. You are tempting me to make a scarf!
Post a Comment