Tuesday, July 28, 2009

About What's Right

I don't have much to write about knitting right now. I have only two projects on the go, and I've managed to bungle both of them every time I try to knit. I guess I just have to live with the fact that I can't knit when I'm sick like this (with a cough, as it happens). The brain cells just don't fire fast enough.

But I have something to write about that is knitting-related but not a project.

Even if you don't follow the Yarn Harlot (Stephanie Pearl-McPhee), you should really read this post of hers.

It shows that even famous knitters (so many people in the world would not even be aware that such a category exists) are not immune from the perils of being famous.

Even though I've heartily disagreed with things Stephanie Pearl-McPhee has written -- and been quite expressive in that disagreement -- it's not personal. I have no desire to throw curses in her general direction. No desire to hunt her down and give her a tongue-lashing. Nope. It's just a moment in time, and it usually passes pretty quickly. (Which is good. Because I live near enough to her city that if I ever became obsessed with making the Yarn Harlot's life miserable, I could get in her face literally. For about five minutes. Until the police carted me away. But still.)

So these days I am sending just a little extra love over that way instead.

And some heartfelt respect.

That's about right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I just read her blog post.

Some people never grow up, do they? I feel so horrible for her, that someone would be so mean. Seriously ... what does that solve?

Ugh ... yes - good vibes going her way from me too!