Monday, December 15, 2008

No Whine

Well, there is certainly a lot of craziness happening at this time of year.

I don't know if it's craziness or sanity that caused me to frog a couple of UFOs last night. The disappointing Wedge Hat is gone. And the Stolen Moments wrap I spent so long knitting is gone too.

GONE!

The Stole

But...

I immediately cast on 39 stitches and started knitting twisted drop stitch with the Bernat Bamboo and in a couple of hours of TV watching it's almost half the length of what I frogged, so you see, I will have my knitted wrap anyway. Maybe I will even give it to someone as a present.

Moments not Needing to Be Stolen

Last Friday's Knit & Chat went well, and we decided to hit Swiss Chalet for our Christmas Lunch. Everything was fine until Gail got her festive special Lindt chocolates. Then the conversation went decidedly downhill. I swear to God I haven't blushed so much in 20 years; I wasn't even sure I was still capable of it. Well, you didn't hear those ladies -- and I use the term loosely. (Kidding! They are lovely people.) What amazes me is that there was no wine involved.

Festive Special Chocolates

I shudder to think what might be said if wine ever was involved.

2 comments:

Lyz said...

*giggling here*

P.S. I don't drink wine!

Huggs to ya. ur new wrap looks awesome!

Philosophical Karen said...

I stay away from wine, too. I just use wine as the stereotypical drink of women who gather together. I'd say our group doesn't need wine, though. Chocolates seem to do the trick pretty well.