Sunday, December 28, 2008

Knitting on the Road

We spent most of the day on the road today, and I finished up the one-skein scarf I have been knitting with Farmhouse Yarns Lumpy Bumpy in the Rhapsody colourway.

Here is the yarn. It's a new favourite of mine. Which is not good, because there is no way I can get it locally and I will definitely have to mail order it if I ever want any more.

Lumpy Bumpy

Luckily I have another skein in the Sedona colourway, which is not quite as much to my taste as Rhapsody (which is dark and intense, just the way I like it), but the Sedona is still very nice.

So here is what Rhapsody looks like on the needles.

Scarf in Progress

And, since I have just finished the scarf, here is what it looks like on me.

Not a Bad Length

I wasn't sure how long a scarf I'd get with one skein on size 17 needles. But casting on 16 stitches and knitting garter stitch until I ran out of yarn resulted in a 56" scarf.

No comments: