Monday, December 1, 2008

Mojo Rising

So, I banished a couple of projects to the back burner -- well, except in the case of the Norwegian baby hat, which I totally frogged -- and I explored my options for scarf knitting with the great Goth-inspired black and red handspun I bought from Ashley at her new store. (Unfortunately, I didn't win anything in the Grand Opening draw. I was so hoping to get that swift!)

I found the Instant Gratification Scarf. I think the name says it, really. It's exactly what I need right now: Instant (Knitting) Gratification. I also decided to jump-start my knitting mojo by switching to the size 11 novelty needles I bought in Hawaii.

Novelty Needles

Ooh, kitties! Now honestly, how can that NOT help?

Well, the proof is in the pudding. I took this photo this morning, but I've been knitting on and off all day and now I'm almost through the first ball of yarn. So it's probably four times as long as this now.

Twisted Drop Stitch Scarf

I've taken to calling it the Morticia Addams Scarf, because of its Goth colour and the irregular look of the open stitches (not shown very well in this particular photo). It's twisted drop stitch, by the way. So much nicer to look at and easier to do than regular drop stitch.

I think I'm getting some of my mojo back.

No comments: