Sunday, March 9, 2008

Socks and Hats

This is (sort of) what the sock looks like now. I have deemed this attempt to be worthy of continuing, despite the fact that gauge is a joke, there's a ladder at the join, and some of the ribbing is, shall we say, "improvised".

Baby's Got Ribs (Fourth Attempt)

With the big snowfall yesterday, I sat inside and watched movies (Brokeback Mountain and Chicago) and worked on my knitting. I finished the knitting for the cat bed. Now I just need to sew it together.

The Bernat purse (with the Felting Wool) has been hibernating for a short while. It just needs about an inch more straight knitting until I start the decreases and have to teach myself Sl1, K1, psso. I've read somewhere that it's like binding off a stitch. I will have to give it a try and see how it looks.

The Lopi bag is being hand-felted, to try and make up for the poor results of the machine felting. I will have to remember that I need to wear rubber gloves for felting by hand, because I rubbed my knuckles raw on the Lopi.

Patons Classic Wool

Trying to think of the next project (or two) that I will do. I am running out of winter to do hats and scarves, but I got that "oatmeal" coloured Classic merino that would make a very good hat for my husband, who currently still wears the same winter hats he wore (or avoided wearing) in high school. I guess I will be off to Ravelry to search for patterns for manly hats. (Or I could always use the Knifty Knitter, I guess.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love chicago, i've got the soundtrack in my car, i'm going to have to slip it in, haven't listened to it in ages.
thanks dude:)
bsts