Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Really?

So, I'm reading a post about a website that purports to be a how-to for protestors -- including instructions on what to wear to hide your face and how to protect yourself from tear gas, etc. -- and I notice something strange about the list of dissenting actions described as being covered on the website.


Here is a quote from the post I was reading that describes the web site in question:

The site features user generated step-by-step video and photo/text based instructions for a wide range of dissenting actions, including (but not limited to): art actions, billboard alterations, shop-dropping, protest strategies, knit-bombing, making protest props, interventions, methods of civil disobedience, stencil work, performative actions, and many other forms of public dissent – from the practical and tactical to the creative and illegal.

Knit-bombing? A form of public dissent akin to protests like Occupy Wall Street? Seriously?

1 comment:

Ginnie Hart said...

So, will you show us a photo of that? The knit-bombing, of course.