Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fourth of July in the Middle of March

I have been knitting.

Honest.

Look, here's proof.


It's a feather and fan comfort shawl, in the process of being knit using a huge skein of Fourth of July by Briar Rose Fibers.

Photography does not do justice to the beauty of this wool. It really must be seen in person. And felt (it's squooshy-soft). Oh, and the scent of it, too, fresh from the dye pot. (Well, whatever they rinse it in after they are finished dyeing it, I mean.)

Yes, definitely a yarn for the senses.

If it weren't so expensive valuable I'd definitely have a larger supply in my stash.

I think I might need to buy another skein, anyway, while it's still available at my local yarn shop.

2 comments:

Amy Darsie said...

That is beautiful! I love the color of that shawl.

Ginnie Hart said...

MY kind of colors together, Karen. I can see why you love it.