Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Busted

There's been some knitting happening, but the volume has slowed down some. I think my enthusiasm died with the stashbuster cowl project.

Here it is.


Picture it as a hood, with the "fur" framing the face. As I continue to knit (IF I continue to knit), I will be adding increases for the shoulder section, where the hood becomes a capelet.

I'm really not liking how it's turning out. And it's not really a portable project with all those different yarns to carry around, so I started a hat.


It's Tore E., another one from the Hat Heads book, and I am making it with two different Zara yarns. Zara is lovely to knit with, but it turns out I'm not thrilled with this colour scheme, so this hat, too, has been relegated to the back burner.

Then I started jonesing for a Noro fix again, so I ended up starting another new project, a one-skein Noro hat. It's a spiral hat similar to the Odessa pattern, only simpler, and with its own unique features.


I'm actually itching to start another shawl. I have found some simple variations on the triangle pattern, and I have the feeling I may end up casting on soon, particularly since I bought myself a big skein of Briar Rose Fourth of July in purples and greens last time I was at Knit & Chat.

No comments: