Monday, November 15, 2010

I Like My Ball Winder

Ball winders make lovely yarn cakes out of messy yarn messes.

So after you frog those ugly projects you aren't going to finish, you can go from this:


To this:



Edited to add:

This post from February 2009 has more information about my ball winder, and the swift I also have for winding hanks (skeins) into yarn cakes (balls).

2 comments:

Ginnie Hart said...

Wait. What does a ball winder look like, Karen? Is it a gadget??? Surely you're not saying YOU are the ball winder! :D

Philosophical Karen said...

The "ball winder" whose name is Karen made the messy balls you see in the top photo. :D

The little gadget that I love (sort of like an apple peeler in reverse) wound the very neat yarn "cakes" in the second photo.

There is a post in February 2009 about my ball winder that shows what it looks like.