Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Two Years Is a Lot of Scrap

I know I am a total knit nerd for even knowing this, but

TODAY IS MY TWO-YEAR KNITTIVERSARY!!!

Only 68 Inches to Go


Two years ago today I cast on my first scarf with novelty yarn (Lion Brand Incredible) on size US 13 aluminum needles. Now all I want to say to myself is, "You've come a long way, baby!"

***

So, I've been obsessed with the Scrappy Little Hat lately.

Square Decreases

I'm knitting a second, in lovely greens and blues that everyone seems to respond positively to.

In Progress

But my big news about my current obsession is that my photo is featured on the Scrappy Little Hat* pattern page on Ravelry. The designer liked my "square decreases" -- to the point where she is now going to knit one herself using my decrease method. (The joke is, I only did that because I am useless at the math of knitting, and didn't have the right stitch count to do eight decreases, so I went with four and hoped for the best.)

There are also a few other photos of mine that people on Ravelry have asked to display in an "official" capacity.

And speaking of photos, Carolyn has a funny photo in her Rhinebeck Goodies blog post that shows me wearing my famous "Cougar Boots". They are very shiny. And very red. Like a fire engine. (Luckily they were quite comfortable and not too hot to wear.) You can also see that I am wearing my Noro scarf around my neck. (Hey, it was Rhinebeck! You have to wear something you knit yourself. It's de rigueur.)

* This link is to Ravelry, so if you don't have an account, unfortunately you won't be able to see what I am talking about.

1 comment:

Lise said...

Well happy knittiversary! :)