I'm becoming quite remiss as a blogger. It used to be a point of pride to me that I wouldn't put up a blog entry without photos. I mean, what's the point of writing about knitting if you don't show what you are working on? Plus, I have always liked taking photographs. Apparently not any more.
As I said in the previous post, I did no knitting all last week, until the usual Friday stuff. The Monday meetings are all but dead, and actually, Fridays are looking pretty bleak these days. It appears that SWK is having the same dilemma. A few of us from Starbucks finally decided to go on Friday night, but we were almost the only ones there.
Even as I was sitting in the parking lot of my son's high school on Friday afternoon, waiting to pick up him up at 4:00, the details weren't finalized. One thing we did know, however, is that we now have our own special word for ride sharing. We call it "carshonking" (pronounced "CAR-SHONG-king").
This is one of those "maybe you had to be there" type stories, so bear with me.
Friday morning at Starbucks I received a text from Liz on my cell phone. Now, we all know she's on day shift for the next four weeks, so the message could only have been sent from work. There was some discussion of whether the message was sent furtively or not. Being a loyal friend I said, "She could have been on break," but even I was not convinced.
As it turned out, Liz had indeed been entering the text surreptitiously while she was on duty. This resulted her phone's autocorrect feature changing the single word "carpooling" into "carsonking". So now that's our word for it -- only we added the 'h' because it's easier to say. (Sounds funnier too.)
So next time you hear a crazy group of knitters ask, "Are we carshonking tonight?", you will know that it's not something dirty or illegal. It's actually environmentally friendly car pooling (aka "ride sharing").
Anyway, on Sunday evening a bunch of us were carshonking again to a pajama party at Heather's. I took my latest "fun" knitting with me, the feather-and-fan Noro scarf, based on the Two Weeknights with Warrick pattern. (I talked about wanting to start one of these in the last post.) I also packed up the rest of the pita crackers (the other half of the box, from the last time I was at Heather's), some cheese, grape tomatoes, and the incredibly popular chorizo sausage slices. The small brick of cheddar cheese that I bought wasn't quite enough to fill the container I had, so I added some of my own favourite cheese, Woolwich Dairy goat mozzarella. I was a bit worried that people wouldn't like it, but it turned out to be more popular than the cheddar.
Now, when I say "popular" I am not talking just about the knitters here. We were all quite restrained in our snacking. (I may have eaten more than the others, but that was actually my supper.) Heather has three teenage sons, and they all arrived home hungry. So they were enjoying the fruit, coffee cake, cookies, and cheese and crackers too. Even Heather's husband tasted some chorizo on her recommendation and found it to his liking.
All in all it was a fun evening. Now I need to go grocery shopping today and buy more sausage and cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment