.jpg)
So I've actually made a couple of changes to what I had knit already and shown in the above photo (same photo as the previous post). The little red square at the upper right is now dusty pink. (I reused the red yarn in the new square I just knit. I put it next to a dark brown, which seems to work well.)
The orange and light pink two-part square on the left is now a three-part square with orange, light pink, and gold.

For the future of this project, I am trying to track down any colourful acrylic/mohair blends in a worsted or DK weight that I can lay my hands on. Every time I find one with some potential (by searching on Ravelry, of course), it turns out to be only available in Finland. I really need to find myself a friendly Finn (someone who speaks English) to be my surrogate shopper.
The other thing I need to do is find an edging I can put on the shawl once the squares are finished. Tassels are not my favourite thing anyway, and tassels made of mohair will felt together quickly -- not the look I'm after. So I'll be consulting Nicky Epstein's Knitting on the Edge series for some kind of edging I can use that maintains the "modern" feel of the modular design.
And if that doesn't work, maybe I'll just do a garter stitch border, which would be kind of ho-hum, but would do the trick.
Oh, and when I'm not knitting I'm sewing in ends. Endless ends. Thank goodness for NCIS.

No comments:
Post a Comment