Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fair Isle Hat

Look! Look! I commemorated my first fair isle row (on September 30) by taking a photo of it in all its perfection.

First Fair Isle Row

It took about three times as long as I would have taken with straight knitting. It wasn't the stitches so much as checking the strands at the back to make sure everything was loose enough and in the correct position (top vs. bottom). But yes, I can definitely do fair isle.

See? More rows!

Yes, I Can Do Fair Isle

Of course, I can also drop a stitch and catastrophically mess up the pattern as a result. So these few rows had to be ripped out and reknit.

But once you get going, it doesn't take long.

Finished the Fair Isle Portion

I am finished the fair isle portion of the hat, and have only the ribbing left to do now.

1 comment:

Alison said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! You are amazing!!!!