Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sean Sheep Sale at Wal-Mart

So, they finally put the Sean Sheep yarn down to $1.00 at the local Wal-Mart. Of course, by the time I got there and found it, all the Armytage (100% wool) was gone. Well almost all. I did find one that had been overlooked because it was hidden at the back behind a miscellaneous collection of other yarns. It was in my favourite "marmalade" colourway.

Marmalade Armytage

I also picked up a lot of Maldon (75% wool, 25% acrylic), a chunky weight yarn that's rough on the hands, but knits up nicely. I've been using some from my stash for my Southwest Colours Purse.

Another Purse

In fact I managed to pick up one more ball of aquamarine, four balls of brown in the same dyelot I'm using for the purse, two brown in a darker dyelot that I actually like better, five balls in neutral, and another five balls in a light green. (There was plenty of the neutral and light green left. It's such rough, chunky yarn though that I don't know what kind of large project would be worthwhile to make out of it.)

Sean Sheep Napier, Ruby

Other Sean Sheep yarn I picked up: miscellaneous balls of Napier (a thick and thin novelty yarn that I have made scarves out of before) and Wildwood, which I have bought before, and some nice soft acrylic Lilydale, two balls of a deep "eggplant" purple, and two balls of green. Have you been counting? I think I spent about $25-30 dollars at the most.

Wildwood

No comments: