Friday, February 15, 2008

Musing on My Next Project

So much for my Stashbuster scarf. I am going to give up on it. I would like to start more productive projects.

Felted Square and Regular Knit

The Lopi sample swatch in garter stitch did not felt very well. Yet. I put it through with two washloads already, and it has started felting but the results are uneven. This may not bode well for my Lopi purse. I might have to break down and buy a new plunger so I can use the "bucket-and-plunger" method.

Twilley's Freedom Spirit

Meanwhile, I've been looking up patterns for some Twilley's Freedom Spirit yarn I got on sale at Lens Mill. I bought two skeins. If I buy another, I can make a Booga Bag with it. Sticking with two, I can make Amanda's Squatty Sidekick. Then again, I've still got some Lett Lopi (worsted weight, as opposed to the chunky stuff I am currently working with) in a beautiful rich eggplant colour. Maybe I should try a Booga Bag that combines the Lopi and Freedom Spirit.

Or I could always make the Freedom Spirit beret. But then I would have to buy the pattern booklet. Unless I can find a free pattern for a beret.

Woolly Wormhead has a lot of good free hat patterns. But the ones in the book look very interesting as well. If I thought I would actually sit down and make a lot of hats, I would definitely buy the book. (I just don't think I am actually going to make a lot of hats on straight needles, when I have the Knifty Knitter round looms that make it so quick and easy to turn out a hat.)

But if I keep saying things like that, I'll never progress from Beginner Knitter to Intermediate, will I?

(I must remember to practise my "fearless knitting".)

2 comments:

Alison said...

"Fearless knitting"...hmmm...I'm not so much there myself! I tried three times at a lacy baby bonnet and ended up putting it aside as it was too painful to keep ripping it out!

I love the idea of living nearer...I dare say much fun and productivity might be the result!

Philosophical Karen said...

Oh, lacy knitting. No way am I there yet. I just mastered moss stitch, and had to make extensive use of knittinghelp.com to learn how to do the increases. I'm quite happy now, though, to have mastered a couple of new knitting skills.