I wrote a post at one time about yarn. It would not do to rehash it.
I've even written a post that described someone's reaction to one of my projects, when I actually wore it in public.
Yes, some of my projects have actually been worn in public. Even by people other than me!
I have worn three of my completed projects out in public: my first scarf, my third hat, and my Sean Sheep "Picasso" scarf.
I mailed one scarf overseas and got back a report that it was not only worn, but received a compliment.
Oh, and I gave a hat to my mom. The second one I made. She liked it so much that she even put some elastic into it so it would actually stay on her head!
Some items that have not been worn are being kept aside for gifts. Others (my first multicolour scarf, and my first hat) are waiting to figure out how I can fix them so that they are both attractive and wearable. You know, for a blind person, maybe.
I also have a couple of uncompleted projects. These are things I started, but didn't quite turn out as I expected. Who knew that if you doubled up pink/yellow/orange Bling Bling with rust chenille that the result would look something like the stomach contents of someone who has eaten a bacon-and-egg breakfast washed down with cherry kool-aid?
Eh? Am I right?
And what about this foofy thing? I thought it would be a good idea to combine ribbon yarn and fun fur into kicky little stripes. Sometimes things look better in your head than they do when you actually try to make them happen. I think I'll call this one Caterpillar on Acid.
It has a nice ring to it, don't you think?
1 comment:
Yeah, it really does look like a caterpiller on acid...you nailed it there...yup.
Post a Comment