Saturday, April 23, 2011

Proceeding Apace

Work on felting bags is moving right along. I have acquired some lining material and a pair of bag handles for the first, already felted bag.

Handles and Lining Material

I have knit the second bag to the point where I just need to Kitchener stitch it closed.

Second Bag Knit and Awaiting Finishing

And I have actually started a third bag.

Third Bag on the Needles

There is enough lining material for three bags. I want to see how the bamboo handles turn out before I get more of them, though. There is still plenty of yarn for even more than three bags.

Materials for Third (and More?) Bag

In addition to the Feltro and Patons Roving, I have also added some Freedom Wool by Twilleys of Stamford, some brown and blues, to make up for the loss of the Feltro Caipo which is all used up now.

3 comments:

Amy Darsie said...

Look at you go!! I can't wait to see how they look once they are finished and lined!

Ginnie Hart said...

Please take a picture when you have a bag competely done, Karen. I really want to see the final product! :)

Philosophical Karen said...

Haha, me too! My SIL is going to help me with the sewing tomorrow. I now have two bags ready to be lined.