Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Happy Holiday

Our holiday travels took us south this year. A good time was had by all and there were many adventures along the way, but that is neither here nor there...

The important part of the journey (as far as knitting is concerned) took place in Macon, Georgia, at a local yarn shop called Creative Yarns.


We didn't have much time to spare, but I spent over half an hour deciding which of many yarns to purchase.

As usual, I concentrated on things I have not seen locally, such as
  • Plymouth Yarns Boku (a Noro knock-off)
  • Jade Sapphire Silk/Cashmere 2-ply (so luxurious!)
  • Lumpy Bumpy by Farmhouse Yarns (three different colourways)
  • Cascade Nikki (a variegated chunky thick-and-thin yarn)
  • Manos Silk Blend (one solid, one variegated)
From the sale items in the front room, I also scored some Namaste glass knitting needles for 60% off.

Original Namaste Glass Knitting Needles

Apparently Namaste, which is now known mostly for their high-end knitting bags, started out with glass knitting needles.

I have always wanted a pair of glass knitting needles, because they combine two of my great loves, knitting and glass. I do not intend to knit with these needles, by the way. I just think they would look great displayed in one of my glass vases or bowls.

2 comments:

Amy Darsie said...

Mmmm ... Manos!

I'm glad that your Disney adventure included yarn. And that skein you have from the Christmas swap - beautiful!

Ginnie Hart said...

Wait. You were in Macon, GA??? Man, you were almost in my ex-backyard! (sigh) Anyway, I would have waved. :)