
The pattern is very simple. It requires about 200 yards of a worsted weight yarn (to be held double) and about 60 yards of a super-bulky, thick-and-thin yarn. I used Cascade 220 and Colinette Point 5. I knit it with a 16-inch (40 cm), US size 15 (10 mm) needle.
1. Cast on 80 stitches in worsted weight yarn, held double. Being careful not to twist stitches, join for knitting in the round.
2. Knit 5 rounds.
3. Change to super-bulky yarn. Knit one round.
4. Purl 2 rounds. (If you have plenty of the super-bulky yarn, you can make your bumps wider.)
5. Change to worsted weight yarn, held double.
6. Repeat steps 2 through 5 three more times. You should have four bumps of super-bulky yarn.
7. Knit 5 rounds.
8. Cast off.
TIPS:
- Carry the yarns by twisting them together in back every time you complete a round.
- For a close-fitting cowl, cast on fewer stitches.
1 comment:
I could seriously use any of these cowls you can knit, Karen, for these cold days rding my bike to school!
Post a Comment